Saturday, June 23, 2012

Sunshine on a Tea Rose

*

*
Hello my friends...I hope that you're having a fabulous day!
*
Ohhh my...it seems that my posts have been few and far between lately...and I
 do apologize.  I really have been having a difficult time getting things going after my
 Dad passed away last month.  Since that time, I have been battling a bad case of bronchitis
 on top of it.  I am feeling better now...praise God!  There is so much that I need to do...and want
 to do.  There are so many little projects around the house that is calling for my attention...
especially with spring just around the corner.  Hopefully I can get back into the swing
 of things. I really have missed my blogging and all of you!  I sooo appreciate
 your patience!
*
Well...one of the things that I wanted to post about...and never had the chance
 to do...is some of the Christmas decor that I did in my Tea Rose bedroom.  Yes...you
 heard that right...CHRISTMAS...and it's already March.  I will explain though...
*
~Pretty-n-Pink Bottle Brush Trees~
*
I found the prettiest little pink bottle brush trees at Christmas time and thought
 they would be perfect for the Tea Rose bedroom.  They are sooo pretty and I love
 them sooo much that I have decided to keep them in the room for the time being.
*
*
~Sunshine on a Tea Rose~
*
*
Here we are...in the Tea Rose bedroom.
*
A few days ago...in the wee hours of the morning...the sun was shining ever
 so sweetly into the Tea Rose bedroom.  I grabbed my camera and shot a few photos...
to catch the moment!  Don't let it be said that I "never" take the time to stop
 and smell the roses....hehe!
*
*
~Sunshine on a Tea Rose~
*
Most of you are familiar with the Tea Rose bedroom...
so I won't bore you with too many details.
*
This bedroom belongs to my step-daughter Danielle when she
 is home...and it also serves as our guest room. 
*
~Tea Rose Bed Linens~
*
I found the beautiful bed linens at JC Penneys several years ago. I just adore
 roses and as soon as I seen this set...I knew it would be perfect for this bedroom.
  The linens...my inspiration...and thus the name for the Tea Rose bedroom.
*
Oooh...see how the sun was shining soooo beautifully the morning of the photos?
I love how the Tea Rose bedroom looks all dressed up in sunshine!
*
*
Lot's of prettty pillows that I have collected over the years!
*
*
This is a small room...it is simple but hopefully our guests are comfortable here.
*
Besides the bed, this room hosts a small writing desk, a rocking chair and ottoman,
 and on the other side of the room...an armoire.
*
*
Pretty-n-Pink Bottle Brush Trees...
*
I found these pretty pink trees at Hobby Lobby during Christmas.  I
 decorated the trio of trees with a garland of sequins and jewels...sooo pretty!
*
A few of my white bunnies (one of my many collections), vintage pink
 mercury glass ornaments, and a tea rose teacup and saucer have joined in with
 this Tea Rose vignette.
*
*
It's so funny...I just realized as I was looking at this photo...that all of the
 bunnies are facing the sunlight.  I guess they are "basking"!  Hehe!
*
*
*
*
*
On the right hand side of the desk...my beloved tea rose lamp...
made by my dear friend Gloria from Happy To Be blog.
*
and...more bunnies!
*
*
*
*
*
Two pretty-n-pink rose buds...drying...from a floral bouquet given
 to me by my very sweet and romantic husband on Valentine's day.
*
*
*
*
*
An "artsy" photo of the candle-chandelier that hangs above the desk.
*
*
Another Tea Rose vignette...atop the armoire.
*
*
I love, love, LOVE this little vintage pitcher with the pretty-n-pink
 flowers and blue ribbon!
*
*
Lots of pink!
*
A close-up photo of the sequin and jeweled garlands for the bottle brush trees.
*
*
Ahhhh...
*
*
...sunshine on a Tea Rose!
*
I hope that it warmed you!
*
*
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
*
*
Well dear friends...I am so happy that you stopped in for a visit today! 
Please leave me a comment and let me know that you were here. I would
 love to visit with you!
*
Warmest Wishes!
*

No comments:

Post a Comment